Ashtamangala Pillar Candle Holder6" Recycled Aluminum
Ashta Mangala means "the eight auspicious objects" in Sanskrit. It is also known as the "eight luck-bring symbols" in Tibetan traditions. They often decorate all sorts of objects both sacred and secular. This lovely pillar candle holder depicts each of the eight symbols:
- The Lotus Flower, representing spiritual purity and compassion
- The Two Golden Fishes, representing spiritual release from the ocean of samsara.
- The Precious Parasol, the silk canopy that is held above the Budhas and gives protection from all evil influences.
- The Vase of Great Treasures, containing the spiritual jewels of enlightenment
- The White Conch Shell spirals to the right and is blown as a horn to announce the Buddha's enlightenment.
- The Knot of Eternity, also known as the Lucky Diagram and represents unending loving and harmony
- The Victory Banner that proclaims victory of the Buddhist teachings over ignorance.
- The Eight Spoked Golden Wheel, also known as the Wheel of Dharma and represents the Noble Eightfold Path of the Buddhadharma.