Sun Salutations with Shiva Rea
Shiva Rea - Filmed in the Maldive Islands and Southern India
Internationally acclaimed vinyasa flow yoga teacher Shiva Rea revolutionizes the instructional yoga video genre with Yoga Shakti—the first user-personalized practice DVD designed to immerse practitioners in the free flow of shakti, the dynamic, creative fire of the universe.
Filmed on location in India and the Maldive Islands on stunning digital video, Yoga Shakti integrates tradition and modern innovation in a powerful new learning system that evolves with the student. Viewers simply select their favorite practices from a simple-to-use “yoga menu”—filled with a rich variety of moving postures, meditations, and shavasana relaxations—and then press “play” to enjoy. To help them get started, Shiva Rea includes a complete list of suggested sequences, ranging from five-minute “tune-up sessions” to extended hour-long yoga immersions. All on one in-depth DVD, Yoga Shakti guides viewers through:
- Core techniques and progressive practices of vinyasa flow yoga, creating a foundation of strength and fluidity
- Six “Alignment Focus” tutorials for maximizing energy flow in yoga postures
- Four complete hour-long sequences including Foundation, Solar Flows I and II, and Lunar Flow I
- Short, inspirational films combining spoken word and evocative image-scapes from India
- A rich soundtrack featuring traditional Indian musicians as well as contemporary ambient and underground under
With Yoga Shakti, yoga lovers of all levels are invited to infuse their home practice with joy, vitality, and spontaneity—and to release shakti, the energetic essence within.
2 DVDs, 4.5 hours
|About the Author
Shiva Rea teaches vinyasa flow yoga worldwide. She has studied many forms of yoga and dance in India, Africa, Nepal, Jamaica, and Bali. She is a well-known contributor to Yoga Journal and holds an MA in Dance from UCLA’s World Arts and Cultures Program, where she also teaches.