Guided Meditation (CD)Jack Kornfield
As anyone who has tried it knows, meditation looks simple, but at times can be difficult. The most potent ally you can have on your contemplative path is a trusted teacher like Jack Kornfield, who stands out as one of the most helpful and encouraging instructors in the West for newcomers to the art of meditation. With Guided Meditation
, this renowned Buddhist teacher brings you six practices that will open the door to the serenity and joy of meditation—and serve as your foundation for years to come.
Offering you precise guidance through every step of these transformational practices, Kornfield introduces you to:
- Basic sitting practice: the essential starting point for nurturing nonjudgmental spaciousness
- The heart-opening techniques of loving kindness and forgiveness meditation to help you discover liberation from suffering
- A visualization exercise for overcoming difficulties—by making direct contact with the voice of your highest wisdom
- The gratitude and joy meditation, which nourishes an innocent rejoicing in life itself
- Mind Like Sky: a practice to enter “original mind,” the pure space of awareness that is consciousness itself
Since the time of the Buddha, meditation taught under the guidance of an expert has proven to be the easiest and most effective way to begin. Whether you are just starting out with meditation or have decided to reconnect with the ground of your practice, Jack Kornfield’s Guided Meditation
provides concise and gentle training “of the heart and mind” to enjoy the fruits of this centuries-old art.
Author Profile: Jack Kornfield
Jack Kornfield, Ph.D. is a meditation teacher, author, and psychotherapist. After returning in 1972 from Asia, where he lived as a Buddhist monk for five years, Jack Kornfield cofounded the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Massachusetts, and obtained a doctorate in clinical psychology. His books include A Path with Heart; Seeking the Heart of Wisdom
(with Joseph Goldstein); and Stories of the Spirit, Stories of the Heart
(with Christina Feldman). Dr. Kornfield currently lives with his wife and daughter near California's Spirit Rock Center, where he is a guiding teacher.