Fluid Power Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Shiva Rea (DVD)Starring: Shiva Rea
We are naturally fluid. More than half our total body weight is water. And yet this fluid power—in our awareness and way of moving—is often an untapped reservoir of energy and joy.
Explore the power of your fluid nature with Shiva Rea, one of the yoga world’s most inspiring teachers. Her innovative sequences move with natural flow for a completely original style of yoga that enhances vitality, agility, and creativity. Through rhythmic, circular, and spiraling movements, you will learn to liberate poses that are often rigidly held, allowing you to grow stronger and more flexible with grace.
The unique Yoga Matrix menu allows you to customize your practice, choosing from over 3 hours of yoga (20 segments) to suit your time and energy level on any given day. Or, choose one of 6 pre-set practices, from foundation to advanced, from short to long, from solely meditative to energetic. Sequences include four innovative sun salutations, water "core," standing pose mandala, fluid backbends, handstand, forward bends, pranayama, meditations, and deep relaxation. For experienced beginners to intermediate practitioners.
Special Features Include:
- Program options: Create a custom practice with segments from the Yoga Matrix menu with (20 segments, 213 min.) or choose from 6 different pre-set practices (26-108 min. each)
- Audio options: Instruction and music or music only
- Fluid vinyasa techniques
- Alignment details for 10 fluid asanas
- 24-page program guide
- "Y yoga" mini documentary with Shiva Rea
- Comments by experts Sally Kempton, Daniel Odier, Stuart Svotsky, and Fred Alan Wolf
- Filmed in HD at White Sands National Park and directed by James Wvinner with cinematography by Hollywood’s Sion Michel (Memoirs of a Geisha)